From: "Sieb
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SATA & USB SCSI drives...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:28:55
1 Hi everyone..
2
3 Running 2006.0, 2.6.15-r5 kernel
4
5 1U box, SATA boot drive (sda), and an attached USB drive (in theory, sdb) for on-site backup storage.
6
7 Problem is--if the USB drive is plugged into the system when it reboots, the *USB drive* comes up as sda.
8
9 Somehow I doubt changing /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 is going to fix this.
10
11 I doubt using udev rules is going to fix this, either--as, frankly, the system has to be able to boot in order to read them.
12
13 Is there any way of getting the USB drive to *not* mount as sda? Ever? :-\ :-/
14
15 Thanks in advance,
16 Best,
17 --Glenn