From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 09:36:11
1 On Friday 14 Nov 2014 18:53:13 Thanasis wrote:
2 > I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
3 > initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
4 > mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
5 > consequently the PC stays off.
6 >
7 > Regardless if the mains power returns soon after the UPS has initiated a
8 > shutdown to the PC, shouldn't the UPS recycle the power anyway, so that
9 > the PC comes back on as set in BIOS?
10 >
11 > Am I missing something in the configuration or the daemons that should
12 > be running?
13 >
14 > (Running sys-power/apcupsd-3.14.8-r2)
15 >
16 > /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf folows:
17 >
18 > UPSNAME SC620I
19 > UPSCABLE smart
20 > UPSTYPE apcsmart
21 > DEVICE /dev/ttyS0
22 > LOCKFILE /var/lock
23 > SCRIPTDIR /etc/apcupsd
24 > PWRFAILDIR /etc/apcupsd
25 > NOLOGINDIR /etc
26 > ONBATTERYDELAY 6
27 > BATTERYLEVEL 20
28 > MINUTES 2
29 > TIMEOUT 0
30 > ANNOY 300
31 > ANNOYDELAY 60
32 > NOLOGON disable
33 > KILLDELAY 0
34 > NETSERVER on
35 > NISIP 192.168.0.1
36 > NISPORT 3551
37 > EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events
38 > EVENTSFILEMAX 10
39 > UPSCLASS standalone
40 > UPSMODE disable
41 > STATTIME 600
42 > STATFILE /var/log/apcupsd.status
43 > LOGSTATS off
44 > DATATIME 0
45 > BATTDATE 10/17/11
46 > SENSITIVITY H
47 > WAKEUP 60
48 > SLEEP 180
49 > LOTRANSFER 208
50 > HITRANSFER 253
51 > RETURNCHARGE 45
52 > BEEPSTATE L
53 > LOWBATT 5
54 > OUTPUTVOLTS 230
55 > SELFTEST 336
56
57 I'm afraid I don't have an APC UPS to know its quirks, but in my case I have
58 these running:
59
60 upsd
61 upsdrv
62 upslog
63 upsmon
66 Is it that the UPS does not recycle the power, or is it that the PC does not
67 reboot after power is restored? Does the PC reboot if you pull and reinsert
68 its mains plug?
69
70 WARNING: don't just pull the plug in a fully working system to avoid fs
71 corruption - Press something r e i s u in sequence while holding
72 Ctrl+Alt+SysRq and then pull the plug. If the PC's BIOS is configured
73 correctly it should reboot as soon as you reconnect the mains supply to it.
74
75 Have a look here if you haven't seen this section already:
76
77 http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#arranging-for-reboot-on-power-up
80 Regards,
81 Mick