From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:52:50
1 on 11/15/2014 11:35 AM Mick wrote the following:
2 > On Friday 14 Nov 2014 18:53:13 Thanasis wrote:
3 >> I have an APC SC620I, which in case of power failure, it successfully
4 >> initiates a shutdown to the connected (via SMART cable) PC, but if the
5 >> mains power returns, the UPS does not recycle the power to the PC, and
6 >> consequently the PC stays off.
7 >>
8 >> Regardless if the mains power returns soon after the UPS has initiated a
9 >> shutdown to the PC, shouldn't the UPS recycle the power anyway, so that
10 >> the PC comes back on as set in BIOS?
11 >>
12 >> Am I missing something in the configuration or the daemons that should
13 >> be running?
14 >>
15 >> (Running sys-power/apcupsd-3.14.8-r2)
16 >>
17 >> /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf folows:
18 >>
19 >> UPSNAME SC620I
20 >> UPSCABLE smart
21 >> UPSTYPE apcsmart
22 >> DEVICE /dev/ttyS0
23 >> LOCKFILE /var/lock
24 >> SCRIPTDIR /etc/apcupsd
25 >> PWRFAILDIR /etc/apcupsd
26 >> NOLOGINDIR /etc
27 >> ONBATTERYDELAY 6
28 >> BATTERYLEVEL 20
29 >> MINUTES 2
30 >> TIMEOUT 0
31 >> ANNOY 300
32 >> ANNOYDELAY 60
33 >> NOLOGON disable
34 >> KILLDELAY 0
35 >> NETSERVER on
36 >> NISIP 192.168.0.1
37 >> NISPORT 3551
38 >> EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events
39 >> EVENTSFILEMAX 10
40 >> UPSCLASS standalone
41 >> UPSMODE disable
42 >> STATTIME 600
43 >> STATFILE /var/log/apcupsd.status
44 >> LOGSTATS off
45 >> DATATIME 0
46 >> BATTDATE 10/17/11
47 >> SENSITIVITY H
48 >> WAKEUP 60
49 >> SLEEP 180
50 >> LOTRANSFER 208
51 >> HITRANSFER 253
52 >> RETURNCHARGE 45
53 >> BEEPSTATE L
54 >> LOWBATT 5
55 >> OUTPUTVOLTS 230
56 >> SELFTEST 336
57 >
58 > I'm afraid I don't have an APC UPS to know its quirks, but in my case I have
59 > these running:
60 >
61 > upsd
62 > upsdrv
63 > upslog
64 > upsmon
65
66 the above are not part of apcupsd, are they?
70 > Is it that the UPS does not recycle the power,
71
72 The UPS does NOT recycle the power.
73
74 or is it that the PC does not
75 > reboot after power is restored? Does the PC reboot if you pull and reinsert
76 > its mains plug?
77
78 The PC's BIOS is correctly configured and tested to start up as soon as
79 power is restored to it.
82 > WARNING: don't just pull the plug in a fully working system to avoid fs
83 > corruption - Press something r e i s u in sequence while holding
84 > Ctrl+Alt+SysRq and then pull the plug. If the PC's BIOS is configured
85 > correctly it should reboot as soon as you reconnect the mains supply to it.
86
87 I am aware of it.
90 > Have a look here if you haven't seen this section already:
91 >
92 > http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/manual.html#arranging-for-reboot-on-power-up
93
94 Looks like the UPS does not cut (kill) the power, but I am not sure how
95 to debug it.