From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:19:41
1 Mark Knecht schrieb:
2 > On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:18 AM, KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Albert Hopkins schrieb:
5 >>
6 >> Some weeks ago I bought Samsung clp-300 color laser printer for less
7 >> than 130 Euros. I use cups and I don't have any problems. Did not have
8 >> to by new "color" jet. I have been told I can print 7000 pages before I
9 >> have to :-)
10 >> You can go cheap and good. The model is from 2006 or so.
11 >>
12 >> kh
17 > Is it roughly this model?
18 >
19 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112054
20 >
21 > Do you plug this into a PC via USB or run it over the network using
22 > the Ethernet port?
23 >
24 > Any comments on the roller problem I had on my old laser printer? do
25 > the paper rollers remain engaged when the printer isn't printing and
26 > thus potentially cause flat spots?
27 >
28 > Thanks,
29 > Mark
32 I have the version without the network connection. I am running it over
33 the usb port.
34
35 I have no idea about the roller problem.
36
37 kh