From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update a portage package
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:03:39
1 On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 16:18:58 -0300, Henrique Lengler wrote:
2
3 > As I see the portage download the source of a released version, and then
4 > install it. But the patch isn't in a version.
5
6 So you want to apply a patch to the version already on portage?
7
8 > I think that make portage download the latest code also isn't a good
9 > idea so i don't know what changes in the ebuild can be done to make
10 > this work without the need of a version released by the author
11
12 You have two options. If the ebuild supports it, put the patch file
13 in /etc/portage/vat/pkg-version/ and re-emerge it. Many ebuild will pick
14 up user patches like this.
15
16 Alternatively, run "ebuild prepare /path/to/ebuild" to unpack the source
17 and apply any existing patches. It will tell you where it unpacked the
18 code, go there and apply your patch, then run "ebuild
19 merge /path/to/ebuild" to compile and install it.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
26 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
27 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
28 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
29 week. Time to die.