From: Henrique Lengler <henriqueleng@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update a portage package
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:07:27
1 On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 09:02:36PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You have two options. If the ebuild supports it, put the patch file
3 > in /etc/portage/vat/pkg-version/ and re-emerge it. Many ebuild will pick
4 > up user patches like this.
5 >
6 > Alternatively, run "ebuild prepare /path/to/ebuild" to unpack the source
7 > and apply any existing patches. It will tell you where it unpacked the
8 > code, go there and apply your patch, then run "ebuild
9 > merge /path/to/ebuild" to compile and install it.
12 > --
13 > Neil Bothwick
14
15 Ok but this patch should be available to others users by default because
16 it's needed to the correct work of the software.
17 So what I wanna do is include this code in the source that you get by
18 emerge install.
21 Henrique Lengler
22
23 https://gitorious.org/~henriqueleng
24
25 Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
26 Wanna talk with me? Ask me for my TOX ID.