From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} offline backups
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:11:08
1 >>> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 07:51:35AM -0800, Grant wrote
2 >>>> I have several encrypted backup repositories online and I'd like to
3 >>>> somehow mirror that offline. I currently have about 20G of data to
4 >>>> back up. Any ideas? Rewritable Blu-Ray?
5 >
6 > It would seem that this is a backup to a backup. I think I read earlier
7 > that the OP already has backups but just wants more backups just in
8 > case. I guess one can never really have to much, I guess.
11 The idea is to have an offline backup in case all of my online stuff
12 is infiltrated. Should I just connect a USB tape drive, USB hard
13 drive, or USB flash drive when I want to back up the backups? Can
14 tape be rewritten? If not, that may be the best choice so I can leave
15 it connected all the time and not worry about it being deleted.
16
17 - Grant