From: Steen Eugen Poulsen <sep@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dead apache (cannot listen)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:32:14
1 Kevin O'Gorman skrev:
2 > My 00_default_vhost.conf:
3 > =============== start 00_default_vhost.conf ==========================
4 > # If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address
5 > here.
6 > #
7 > #ServerName www.example.com:80 <http://www.example.com:80>
8 > ServerName www.kosmanor.com:80 <http://www.kosmanor.com:80>
9 >
10 > #KOSMANOR changes
11 > #Listen 80
12 > Listen 64.166.164.49:80 <http://64.166.164.49:80>
13 > Listen localhost:80
14
15 Thats not a vhost configuration, so it's a bit confusing why your trying
16 to use Gentoo's default vhost config file and making non vhost configs
17 and I bet it isn't liking the missing:
18
19 NameVirtualHost *:80 (You will have to check the apache2 doc for the
20 VirtualIP version of NameVirtualHost)
21
22 <VirtualHost *:80>
23
24 If you want to make a non vhost configuration, then do so from the
25 ground up, don't mix vhost and non vhost unless you want a mess.
26
27 The reason you get :80 already bound, is because your configuration bind
28 twice to the same IP. It's Apache itself that bind twice and bails on
29 the second attempt.
30
31 Not having used this configuration layout in years, I would guess
32 ServerName is the one creating the listening socket, maybe because it's
33 placed before Listen.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature