From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: initramfs & RAID at boot time
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:08:17
1 On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:27:15 +0300, Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:
2
3 > Well I've tried exactly that: I've aggregated two partitions in
4 > RAID1, made the file system, then tried to install Grub on them (as in
5 > run grub-setup or grub-install or grub and then from the shell the
6 > setup)... And I didn't succeeded. I've tried the following:
7 > * try to install Grub on the MD as it would have been a partition
8 > -- failed (as expected as the MD device is not on a hard-drive);
9 > * stopped the MD, and then tried to install grub on each partition
10 > individually -- it worked to install, but from a reason I don't
11 > remember right now it failed to boot;
12 >
13 > So what intrigues me is how you've initialized the MBR, how you've
14 > runned grub-setup?
15
16 I don't use grub-setup, just run grub and do
17 root (hd0,4)
18 setup (hd0)
19 quit
20
21 and repeat for each disk.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 My friends went to alt.california, and all they brought
28 me was this lousy sig.