From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:40:07
1 On 10/31/05, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Funny, I feel turned upside down. I'm not everybody else either, I'm
3 > me. I like to help people but I don't want to change who I am to do it.
4
5 It's just like moving into a new neighbourhood, you have to take your
6 time to get acquainted, it is natural to feel a bit uncomfortable at
7 the begining, but that's not how it is. Once you get used to things,
8 you'll be part of that neighbourhood.
9
10 People on the list do plaintext messages and stuff not just for
11 themselves, but the entire list. I understand you are here to help, so
12 don't let your effort be undermined simply because others filter HTML
13 messages and you happen to send them out.
14
15 > Is this better?
16
17 Much better, :)
18
19 > It should be text whatever, not HTML. I'm getting to
20 > where I don't want to reply at all. Maybe I don't have enough to offer
21 > here. To be really honest, I have only ever used Mozilla mail for this
22 > list and have no clue what you guys, and Holly, are talking about with
23 > text only stuff. I have never seen a command line email before. I
24 > built this rig about three years ago, my first computer that was mine,
25 > and picked Linux over windoze.
26
27 Everyone has something to offer, and everyone will have questions.
28 Again, as I've said, don't let HTML ruin your chance of offering or
29 getting help. I'm not entirely against HTML, but if I'm on a list, I'd
30 follow the list's culture, :)
31
32 Don't feel isolated, you aren't. We did what we did in the hope that
33 you'll get to know the list, and how things work here quicker, so you
34 can adapt yourself to the list, and begin to see the benefit of it. We
35 aren't trying to drive you away mate, :) We are doing just the
36 opposite.
37
38 Hope that'll make you feel better. :)
39
40 -- Joe
43 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
44 Those who can count, and those who can't.
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list