From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:04:06
1 On 2011-10-04, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2011-10-04, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>>> That it's not true. It connects to whatever init system do you have
6 >>>>> (OpenRC, SysV, systemd, Upstart),
7 >>>>
8 >>>> I'm curious: what if you don't have one? ??I use grub-legacy to boot
9 >>>> stuff other than Unix.
10 >>>
11 >>> When I said "it connects", I mean "calls". The same way it calls
12 >>> whatever thingy Window uses.
13 >>
14 >> Right. ??And what about non-windows, non-Unix systems that don't have
15 >> any thingy to call?
16 >
17 > Then you don't have an operating system.
18
19 Yes, I do. It just doesn't have any sort of "init" system that's
20 visible from a bootloader. Right now I use grub-legacy to boot
21 embedded applications written using the eCos RTOS via the el torito
22 state2. I take it that won't be something grub2 is capable of doing?
23
24 Grub2 can only boot Windows or Unix?
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ! Up ahead! It's a
28 at DONUT HUT!!
29 gmail.com