From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A networking question...
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 21:23:29
1 Am Dienstag 05 Mai 2009 22:32:38 schrieb Steve:
2 > I've a gentoo box sat behind a firewall - it runs a apache and sshd with
3 > holes punched through NAT to allow remote access. It runs DHCP and DNS
4 > services for my LAN.
5 >
6 > I would like to run a second instance of apache on a fresh IP address -
7 > to simulate a hosted environment supporting https. I need to be able to
8 > access my second apache locally by URL on my LAN (which I can map
9 > however I chose using my DNS config.) I also need to be able to access
10 > this second apache from a remote site (assume gentoo again, for
11 > simplicity) over an SSL tunnel - even if the remote server already runs
12 > apache doing something else again. It isn't acceptable for the second
13 > apache to be accessible publicly.
14 The easiest thing would probably be to just use ssh port forwarding because
15 you already have all the pieces running anyway. Wouldn't a simple
16
17 ssh -L 12345:secondapache:https user@remotessh
18
19 and the browsing to https://localhost:12345 do the trick? Or you could use a
20 pppd over ssh vpn, yes, but that is a bit more complex.
21
22 - Sascha