From: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A networking question...
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 21:28:27
1 Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
2 > The easiest thing would probably be to just use ssh port forwarding because
3 > you already have all the pieces running anyway. Wouldn't a simple
4 >
5 > ssh -L 12345:secondapache:https user@remotessh
6 >
7 > and the browsing to https://localhost:12345 do the trick? Or you could use a
8 > pppd over ssh vpn, yes, but that is a bit more complex.
9 >
10 > - Sascha
13 I really want to avoid having to access a non-standard port from the
14 URLs - I want to use the final URLs exactly as they will be once the
15 in-development website is eventually deployed.
16
17 Can you recommend a 'how-to' for the pppd over ssh approach?