From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A networking question...
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 21:50:54
1 Am Dienstag 05 Mai 2009 23:28:22 schrieb Steve:
2 > Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
3 > > The easiest thing would probably be to just use ssh port forwarding
4 > > because you already have all the pieces running anyway. Wouldn't a simple
5 > >
6 > > ssh -L 12345:secondapache:https user@remotessh
7 > >
8 > > and the browsing to https://localhost:12345 do the trick? Or you could
9 > > use a pppd over ssh vpn, yes, but that is a bit more complex.
10 > >
11 > > - Sascha
12 >
13 > I really want to avoid having to access a non-standard port from the
14 > URLs - I want to use the final URLs exactly as they will be once the
15 > in-development website is eventually deployed.
16 >
17 > Can you recommend a 'how-to' for the pppd over ssh approach?
18 # /usr/sbin/pppd pty "ssh root@remoteserver pppd notty local
19 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2" noipdefault nodefaultroute noauth updetach
20
21 You can also just create a file in /etc/ppp/peers/ with the following lines
22 and then call 'pon':
23 pty "ssh root@remoteserver pppd notty local 10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2"
24 noipdefault
25 nodefaultroute
26 noauth
27 updetach
28
29 You'll get the IP 10.0.0.2 and on the server 10.0.0.1. You need to setup
30 proper routing and maybe NAT for that separate subnet, but it will be a tunnel
31 into your home network.
32
33 - Sascha