From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why my wierd ifconfig setup won't work in iproute2... ever.
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:34:01
1 On Sun, 1 March 2015, at 3:22 am, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > * My only option in an iproute2-only environment would be to get a 2nd
4 > NIC and attach the TV tuner to it.
5 >
6 > * My HDHomerun tuner is almost a museum-piece (spring of 2010). I
7 > figure that by the time ifconfig support is finally deprecated, I'll
8 > be looking for a new tuner, rather than buying another NIC.
9
10 About 10 days ago, Mick already suggested you configure you HDhomerun with a more appropriate IP address.
11
12 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/61171ddc1dfe80924ebc833060d06734
13
14 I have not seen you address this. I cannot comprehend why not.
15
16 A 169.254.x.y address is wrong. You should give the tuner a 192.168.123.z address.
17
18 Stroller.