From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kergen package
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 16:02:14
1 On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 10:25:11 -0500,
2 Jude DaShiell wrote:
3 >
4 > It appears helpful in adding options to my .config file. However once
5 > options are added, it's very difficult to enable espeak. So is my order
6 > of operations in which kergen gets run first followed by make menuconfig
7 > wrong? If so I can reverse and see if that works better. Another
8 > possibility is for those would-be screen reader installers kergen should
9 > not be used at all.
10 There are two main ways to generat4e a kernel, genkernel or do the
11 steps manually. I never heard of kergen. Genkernel is controlled by
12 a .conf file, see the manpage for details.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici wb2una