From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resuming after hibernate
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:28:57
1 On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:18:11AM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote
2
3 > Did I read that right? You have a setting in lilo.conf that makes
4 > your font unreadable? Then why do you have that in lilo.conf?
5
6 You didn't read the entire post. The *DEFAULT* result of 'VGA=6' in
7 /etc/lilo.conf gives an 8x8 font which results in an 80x60 display.
8 *IN ADDITION* I set 'CONSOLEFONT="lat1-10"' in /etc/conf.d/consolefont,
9 which gives me an 80x48 row display, using 8x10 font, which is *MUCH*
10 nicer than 8x8 font.
11
12 The reason I do 'VGA=6' in /etc/lilo.conf is because that is a
13 quick-n-dirty way to kick the display into a 480 scanline mode, instead
14 of the default 400 scanline mode. It's a lot safer and easier than
15 screwing around with SVGATextmode (is it still around?).
16
17 Anyhow, upon resuming from hibernation, Gentoo remembers the 480
18 scanline mode, but does not remember the non-default font, which is why
19 I have to reset the font via the OnResume option.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>