From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: contribution to colorgcc
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 06:15:03
1 On 08/07/2011 08:28 AM, Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 07:52:35AM +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 08/07/2011 05:14 AM, Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
4 >>> Greetings,
5 >>>
6 >>> Is anybody maintaining dev-util/colorgcc?
7 >>
8 >> No. There's no upstream for it anymore. Packagers maintain their own
9 >> versions and fixes are not contributed upstream since there's no upstream.
10 >
11 > Yes, there is not upstream. I am looking for a gentoo maintainer who can accept
12 > patches.
13 > Alternatively, i can roll out a colorgcc tarball and start a new
14 > upstream. I use the program with 4 of these compilers on a daily basis and maintain
15 > anyway.
16
17 If you fork it, it might be a good idea to rename it since "colorgcc"
18 implies it's only for GCC, but you said you implemented support for
19 other compilers too :-)
20
21 In any case, you can simply put your patches on bugs.gentoo.org and hope
22 a Gentoo dev will add them to the tree.