From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WARNING: Crucial MX300 drives SUUUUUCK!!!!
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 23:03:35
1 On Sunday 12 Feb 2017 17:40:35 Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Dear god, I think I have come in contact with one of the suckiest things
3 > in the universe!
4 >
5 > I mean first there are supermassive black holes... OK... Then there's
6 > Crucial MX300 SSDs, and in a distant third there's Justin Beiber.
7 >
8 > I mean the absolute suckyness of MX300 SSDs defy human comprehension. I
9 > mean you could connect one of these:
10 > http://www.zmescience.com/science/biggest-most-poweful-engine-world/ to
11 > a suction pump and it couldn't possibly suck one quintillionth as much
12 > as this SSD...
13 >
14 > I mean if the power goes out, and you want to do some vacuuming, just
15 > put your MX300 behind the bag in your vacuum and it'll work better than
16 > normal.
17 >
18 > Seriously, what could possibly suck harder than a SSD which dies stone
19 > cold dead after only 20 days?!?!?! Thank god I had done nothing worse
20 > than store my rusty old Velociraptor on a shelf, and by good fortune it
21 > only took about two days to get it updated... I really hadn't intended
22 > to ever use it again. =\
23 >
24 > I'm not sure what lesson I should take away from this except that
25 > Crucial does not have any business selling SSDs. =\
26 >
27 > I'm not sure where to go from here. My 'raptor is very close to
28 > exceeding it's reliable lifespan, by some standards it already has...
29 > But now the QC of these SSDs has been shown to be outrageously bad. =(
30 >
31 > So does anyone have any evidence of a current generation SSD lasting
32 > more than 20 days?
33
34 LOL!
35
36 I did laugh reading this, thanks!
37
38 I have no experience with SSDs badged by Crucial. I have been using a 240GB
39 OCZ-ARC100 on a daily basis for more than two years now, and it is still
40 working.
41 --
42 Regards,
43 Mick