From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:07:18
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > grep kde /var/lib/portage/world
5
6 only kde-meta in there
7
8 >emerge -a --depclean
11 yep, just making sure.... as I thought there might be a
12 very special syntax to remove all kde 3.5.*
13
14 I used revdep-rebuild and emerge -uDNvp world to get the
15 list of 3.5 packages, and then just deleted them one by
16 one. Somehow there shlould be a cleaner way, as emerge -C
17 kde-meta (when only kde-meta-3.5 was installed) did not
18 work on all packages. Even when I manually remove the
19 "sub-meta" groups of kde-3.5 I still had packages in the groups
20 like games, I hand to manually remove. What a pain....
23 thx,
24 james