From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:35:16
1 2009/11/26 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> grep kde /var/lib/portage/world
6 >
7 > only kde-meta in there
8 >
9 >>emerge -a --depclean
12 > yep, just making sure.... as I thought there might be a
13 > very special syntax to remove all kde 3.5.*
14 >
15 > I used revdep-rebuild and emerge -uDNvp world to get the
16 > list of 3.5 packages, and then just deleted them one by
17 > one. Somehow there shlould be a cleaner way, as emerge -C
18 > kde-meta (when only kde-meta-3.5 was installed) did not
19 > work on all packages. Even when I manually remove the
20 > "sub-meta" groups of kde-3.5 I still had packages in the groups
21 > like games, I hand to manually remove. What a pain....
22
23 Hmm, I thought that kweather, kate and kfloppy were brought in by some
24 meta or other. It seems that I'll have to install these on their own?
25
26 kde-base/kweather
27 selected: 4.3.1
28 protected: none