From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:29:10
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hmm, I thought that kweather, kate and kfloppy were brought in by some
5 > meta or other. It seems that I'll have to install these on their own?
6
7 Hello Mick,
8
9 I'm just not certain any more exactly which packages belong to
10 which meta(kde) package. I think they are added and dropped
11 over the last few years, resulting in a dynamic grouping
12 or like those you mentioned, not being picked up by and of the
13 kde-meta packages.
16 Some time ago kde-meta ( the package that calls other kde-meta(sub
17 group packages) was to be done away with. Now, magically,
18 kde-meta is back, after the "Sets" solution seems to be
19 too cumbersome for those of us that want a simple and easy
20 method to install a bulk of kde packages.
21
22 Other than this '10,000' foot view, you'll have to get more
23 precise information from the gentoo kde devs or others,
24 as I just do not know......
27 You'd think there'd be a master listing of (kde-4) packages
28 and which one belong to which meta-package or what not;
29 if not a script to tool to reveal this information....
32 Let me know if you find a silver bullet (syntax) for discerning
33 what kde packages are grouped into which meta package or
34 not grouped at all..
37 hth,
38 James