From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for a minimalistic system
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:23:50
1 Vlad Dogaru wrote:
2
3 > I like links, what with its graphical capabilities,
4 > but
5 > it lacks tabs and that's a major downside in my vision. I've tried Conkeror
6 > for Firefox, but it's too Emacs-centric (vim person here) and also disables
7 > tabs (or maybe it's me -- I couldn't get them to work).
8 >
9 Try www-client/dillo , it's very lightweight and has tab support. It's
10 what various livecd's use, like Insert Linux
11 (http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html).
12
13 It's quite nice, the menus and toolbars take up very little space.
14
15 > Any other tips or nifty programs you could link me to would be greatly
16 > appreciated, especially Ratpoison-related; For instance, C-t is too
17 > RSI-prone for my taste and conflicts with Firefox's new tab button (I want
18 > to switch, but I realise fx could prove irreplaceable, mainly due to the
19 > large userbase).
22 I've never tried Ratpoison, but on my lower-power systems I use xfce,
23 which isn't too bad. If I want to really minimize resource usage I go
24 with Windowmaker.
25
26 > Thanks in advance,
27 > Vlad