From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Even more OT]: Re: {OT} dvdrip permissions error, alternative?
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:51:29
1 quoth the Remy Blank:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > --
4 > > Neil Bothwick
5 > >
6 > > "Bother," said Pooh, as he connected at 300 bps.
7 >
8 > I'm not a native English speaker, and I wonder about these Pooh jokes
9 > (which seem to be especially frequent in your taglines, Neil). Would
10 > anyone care to explain to me where the joke is? I'm sure it's funny as
11 > heck, I just can't figure it out by myself, and googling hasn't brought
12 > up anything interesting (i.e. everybody seems to know what it's all
13 > about, but nobody explains). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
14 >
15 > -- Remy
16
17 You know Winnie the Pooh right? That lovable bear who is the namesake of the
18 books by A.A. Milne? Christopher Robin? Tigger and Eeyore? More recently he
19 has been hijacked and corrupted by Disney (..just my opinion).
20
21 In any event, he would often say 'bother', as others might say 'rats'
22 or 'darn' ie: when something trying happens. I think the sig is just a play
23 on this coupled with Pooh trying to connect with a slow modem connection..
24
25 -d
26 --
27 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
28 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
29 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list