From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] cups-filters failing to build
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:43:45
1 > > You could check (before running emerge) if you see the "3.2.10" anywhere
2 > > in
3 > > your environment ("set|less")... or if maybe $PV or $S is set outside
4 > > emerge somewhere.
5 >
6 > Wow, incredible. I never thought to check my environment, but these:
7 >
8 > MODULE_VERSION=3.2.10
9 > MODULE_VERSION_STACK=3.2.10
12 :)
13
14 Yes. It's MODULE_VERSION, which is used in perl-module.eclass.
15
16 > This was also affecting dev-libs/stfl for me; unsetting MODULE_VERSION
17 > causes this to succeed.
18
19 It can in principle affect many things inheriting perl-module.eclass, I'll
20 check later what these two do different.
21
22 The best workaround is probably to make a short script wrapper for emerge that
23 unsets the variables and then calls real emerge. A real fix would be to rename
24 the variable in the eclass, but that would mean fixing 1800 ebuilds...
25
26 > Andreas, if this is a bug that needs fixing, let me know who to contact
27 > get this dealt with.
28
29 I'm probably the best address myself, but there is no easy solution. I'll
30 think about it.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Andreas