From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups-filters failing to build
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:23:28
1 On 11/25/2014 04:49 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Hi Alec,
3 >
4 >> I've been having a really strange issue with net-print/cups-filters for
5 >> the last few weeks, wondering whether or not it's a bug or I just have
6 >> something configured wrong. Somehow ${S} is defined as:
7 >>
8 >> /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.53/work/cups-filters-3.2.10
9 >>
10 >> and the build predictably fails.
11 > this is a really weird error.
12 >
13 > The only idea that I have is that some unusual environment variable is set
14 > outside Portage, and then somehow leaks into the Portage internals.
15 >
16 > You could check (before running emerge) if you see the "3.2.10" anywhere in
17 > your environment ("set|less")... or if maybe $PV or $S is set outside emerge
18 > somewhere.
19
20 Wow, incredible. I never thought to check my environment, but these:
21
22 MODULE_VERSION=3.2.10
23 MODULE_VERSION_STACK=3.2.10
24
25 could be a problem? Both of these variables are for the modules
26 environment management package, which I use to manage switching between
27 ruby interpreters.
28
29 > If this doesnt go away, we can ask the portage guys for advice.
30 >
31 > Best,
32 > Andreas
35 This was also affecting dev-libs/stfl for me; unsetting MODULE_VERSION
36 causes this to succeed. The only eclasses they have in common are
37 "eutils" and "perl-module", if that's important.
38
39 Andreas, if this is a bug that needs fixing, let me know who to contact
40 get this dealt with.
41
42 Regards,
43