From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Having Trouble with Wireless Interface
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 17:25:44
1 On Thu, 15 May 2014, at 10:29 am, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> …
3 >> However, I'm pretty sure that loadable kernel modules behave the same whether your kernel is built "by hand" or by genkernel - if you have modules listed in /etc/conf.d/modules then I have to wonder if you really need them there.
4 >>
5 >> I haven't used that file for years, and I prefer to compile everything as a module, too.
6 >
7 > Some modules don't autoload, usually because there's no hardware they
8 > drive and so nothing to probe.
9 >
10 > netfilter modules come to mind, as well as VirtualBox. …
11
12 Many thanks, that's very informative.
13
14 Stroller.