From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 01:36:36
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >
5 >>> Multiple people in the Linksys forums seem to have the same problem:
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>> http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/BEFSR41-loses-connection/m-p/233266#M21765
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>> http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/BEFSR41-Losing-Connection-Frequently/m-p/206185#M19557
12 >>>
13 >>> Note that one post seemed to consider this device as 'old' in 2008'.
14 >>>
15 >>> QUESTION: You purchased the BEFSR41 to support routing to the new
16 >>> machines along with the old machine, correct? The red light is on the
17 >>> DSL modem according to the first post. I guess that modem only has a
18 >>> singleLAN port? What leads you to believe the problem is with the
19 >>> router and not the modem?
20 >>>
21 >>> Cheers,
22 >>> Mark
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >> Well, before I hooked up the router, it never did this before. The only
27 >> time the light was red before was when they were reseting the box up the
28 >> road or my puter was turned off. Since the only thing that changed was the
29 >> router, I sort of figure it has something to do with it. I have had this
30 >> DSL for over a year so I would think it would have did something weird by
31 >> now.
32 >>
33 >> If it does it again, I'm going to hook my puter back up straight to the
34 >> modem and see if it works then. That should rule out any changes up the
35 >> road somewhere and the modem.
36 >>
37 >> I'm going to read up on the links you posted.
38 >>
39 > Yeah, makes sense.
40 >
41 > I use a LinkSys WRT54G for my Cable Modem ISP and a 327W for my DSL
42 > line. The only time I've had problems like you suggest were:
43 >
44 > 1) The ISP was having trouble. WIth Comcast this can go on for weeks at a time.
45 >
46 > 2) The unit was bad.
47 >
48 > In the case of #2 replacing it fixed things right up.
49 >
50 > Good luck,
51 > Mark
55 I think it is a setting or something and I just can't fine it. I have
56 clicked about everything I can think of to find something but no luck so
57 far. I hope the IP passthrough thing will work. I hope anyway.
58
59 Dale
60