From: Peter Wu <peterwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox, flash player, and youTube
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:44:16
1 On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:13:10 -0800, "Kevin O'Gorman" wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to view a cute youTube video based on "Code Monkey":
4 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLRBiEBRAc
5 > I get a complaint that either I'm blocking Javascript (false) or else
6 > I have an old version of FlashPlayer (problematic).
7 > I'm current with stable x86 ebuilds
8 > I went to the indicated page and downloaded Adobe's latest for
9 > Linux.
10 > On restart, Firefox reports two different Flash plugins installed
11 > (via about:plugins), both 7.0, but one's r25 and the other's r69.
12 > The actual /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins directory contains only one.
13 > I see them registered in ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat, but that
14 > file says don't edit it.
15 > I still get the complaint that I have the wrong plugin.
16 >
17 > Any clues?
18
19 Try emerging the netscape-flash in portage. It works for me.
22 Peter Wu
23 Powered by Gentoo GNU/Linux 2.6.18
24
25 "I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
26 -- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list