From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox, flash player, and youTube
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:19:59
1 I'm trying to view a cute youTube video based on "Code Monkey":
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLRBiEBRAc
3 I get a complaint that either I'm blocking Javascript (false) or else
4 I have an old version of FlashPlayer (problematic).
5 I'm current with stable x86 ebuilds
6 I went to the indicated page and downloaded Adobe's latest for
7 Linux.
8 On restart, Firefox reports two different Flash plugins installed
9 (via about:plugins), both 7.0, but one's r25 and the other's r69.
10 The actual /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins directory contains only one.
11 I see them registered in ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat, but that
12 file says don't edit it.
13 I still get the complaint that I have the wrong plugin.
14
15 Any clues?
16 --
17 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD