From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: smplayer does no have sound if not root
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:55:48
1 On 01/17/2010 07:31 AM, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > my system is gentoo amd64, with kde 4.3, smplayer is 0.6.8. i setup my
5 > whole as root, and the system works fine. but if i log in as a normal
6 > user, the smplayer does not have some. i have already add that user
7 > account into the audio group.
8 >
9 > what have i missed?
10
11 Make sure you add yourself to at least all the following groups:
12
13 disk wheel audio cdrom video usb plugdev
14
15 Also make sure to logout and login again after you do that.