From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: smplayer does no have sound if not root
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:43:09
1 On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 01/17/2010 07:31 AM, Xi Shen wrote:
3 >>
4 >> hi,
5 >>
6 >> my system is gentoo amd64, with kde 4.3, smplayer is 0.6.8. i setup my
7 >> whole as root, and the system works fine. but if i log in as a normal
8 >> user, the smplayer does not have some. i have already add that user
9 >> account into the audio group.
10 >>
11 >> what have i missed?
12 >
13 > Make sure you add yourself to at least all the following groups:
14 >
15 >  disk wheel audio cdrom video usb plugdev
16 >
17 > Also make sure to logout and login again after you do that.
23 that's a long list...i will try it. but what i have to be in disk,
24 usb, and plugdev group? what are they for?
28 Best Regards,
29 David Shen
30
31 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/