From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine audio skips
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:05:29
1 On Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007, Aleksey V. Kunitskiy wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Last time I am watching to HDTVs. They are in mkv(xvid+ac3) or
5 > mkv(xvid)+ac3 (separate track) format. And I have a problem when watching
6 > them(all) in xine - it skips a few seconds of audio from time to time.
7 > Seems that it is sync problem, but AFAIK one of advantages of mkv format is
8 > very good av syncing.
9 >
10 > Other players like vlc or mplayer don't have this problem, but I don't use
11 > them because of other disadvantages...
12 >
13 > My hardware is: AMD Athlon X2 4400+, 3GB ram, GeForce 7950, audio ESI Juli@
14 >
15 > My xine-lib use flags:
16
17 > + + arts : Adds support for aRts: the KDE sound daemon
18
19 and do you have arts running? if yes, kill it before you start watching a
20 video. Arts sucks. ESD sucks too.. all sound daemons suck...
21
22 > + + xv : Adds in optional support for the Xvideo extension (an X
23 > API for video playback)
24 > - - xvmc : Support for XVideo Motion Compensation (accelerated mpeg
25 > playback)
26
27 maybe using xvmc might help?
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list