From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 02:09:48
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > lee wrote:
4 >> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >> I didn't go look at boards I had around here. I went to a major
7 >> computer supplier, newegg, and looked at what they had. Go back and
8 >> read again what I did and maybe read it more carefully.
9 >>
10 >> Might I also add, it's more than just me that has pointed out that you
11 >> are not correct on this. It's a few others as well. You ever stop to
12 >> think that what you observe is not the normal and certainly not the
13 >> default? If what you claim was even remotely accurate, newegg would
14 >> have had a lot larger number of boards with two ports on it. Thing is,
15 >> they didn't. Kai pointed out that the same is true in Europe.
16 >> Why would I assume that what someone else observes is a default?
17 >> Besides, I don't see what problem you're having with this.
21 > Then why would what you observe also be claimed to be the default? As
22 > I also pointed out, it's not just what I observe, it's what I and others
23 > have observed as well. So far, you are the only person claiming that
24 > two ports on a home user board is the default. I have not seen anyone
25 > else post that you are correct. Others have posted that you are not
26 > correct tho.
27 >
28 > The problem is, you claim that having two ports is the default. It is
29 > not the default. I've said it, even researched it and explained how I
30 > researched it, others have also posted the same point. Just because you
31 > have boards with two ports does not mean it is a default. Given the
32 > research I did, it isn't even close. Boards with two ports for a home
33 > user is not only not the default, it's somewhat rare. Out of the top 72
34 > boards I checked, only a couple or so had two ports. That is far from
35 > being the default. That is quite rare. Even if it was 5 boards, that
36 > would be under 10%. That is hardly something to call a default. If it
37 > were say 50%, then one could at least argue that the default is moving
38 > to having two ports. It's just not the case.
39 >
40 > The sooner you figure that out the better for you.
41
42 And eating rice is the default because so many people do it ...