From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:31:47
1 lee wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > I didn't go look at boards I had around here. I went to a major
5 > computer supplier, newegg, and looked at what they had. Go back and
6 > read again what I did and maybe read it more carefully.
7 >
8 > Might I also add, it's more than just me that has pointed out that you
9 > are not correct on this. It's a few others as well. You ever stop to
10 > think that what you observe is not the normal and certainly not the
11 > default? If what you claim was even remotely accurate, newegg would
12 > have had a lot larger number of boards with two ports on it. Thing is,
13 > they didn't. Kai pointed out that the same is true in Europe.
14 > Why would I assume that what someone else observes is a default?
15 > Besides, I don't see what problem you're having with this.
19 Then why would what you observe also be claimed to be the default? As
20 I also pointed out, it's not just what I observe, it's what I and others
21 have observed as well. So far, you are the only person claiming that
22 two ports on a home user board is the default. I have not seen anyone
23 else post that you are correct. Others have posted that you are not
24 correct tho.
25
26 The problem is, you claim that having two ports is the default. It is
27 not the default. I've said it, even researched it and explained how I
28 researched it, others have also posted the same point. Just because you
29 have boards with two ports does not mean it is a default. Given the
30 research I did, it isn't even close. Boards with two ports for a home
31 user is not only not the default, it's somewhat rare. Out of the top 72
32 boards I checked, only a couple or so had two ports. That is far from
33 being the default. That is quite rare. Even if it was 5 boards, that
34 would be under 10%. That is hardly something to call a default. If it
35 were say 50%, then one could at least argue that the default is moving
36 to having two ports. It's just not the case.
37
38 The sooner you figure that out the better for you.
39
40 Dale
41