From: DebianTux23 <wieseltux23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adding comment on pdf files?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:25:53
1 https://www.scientificlinux.org/
2
3 2005/10/19, Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>:
4 > On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 12:14 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
5 > > Looks like if I wish to add comment to PDF files, the only thing I can do is
6 > > to buy Acrobat. I don't mind buying one copy, but other people in the
7 > > company will need it too, that's a lot of copies.
8 > >
9 > > Just come by this question and is there a free product for adding PDF
10 > > comments? I need to add comment, nothing more (like stamping, audio clips
11 > > and such things are not so useful).
12 >
13 > There are lots of libraries for dealing with pdf files. Take a look at
14 > reportlab.
17 > > Looks like in Linux even a product that can READ pdf file correctly are
18 > > lacking.
19 >
20 > What is wrong with acroread on linux?
23 > > I use gpdf, and a lot of eps embeded images looks corrupted but
24 > > they were fine in acroread, besides, these (looking-bad-in-gpdf) pdf files
25 > > are exported from Openoffice, another excellent opensource product.
26 > >
27 > > --
28 > > Zhang Weiwu CEO Real Softservice
29 > > International business: http://www.realss.com
30 > > International sales: 0086 10 84606011
31 > > Inland business: http://www.realss.cn
32 > > Inland sales call: 0086 592 2099987
33 >
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list