From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64/Gnome - I have detected a panel already running, and will now exit
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:12:36
1 On 9/1/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > When I first log in after a boot I get a message "I have detected a
4 > panel already running, and will now exit". I answer OK 1 time and it
5 > stops.
8 I had this too after I botched a VNC install. I solved it by purging /tmp
9 and all the config files in my home directory. There is probably a better
10 way but it was a new install and I didn't have my files on it anyhow. So try
11 creating a new user with a new home directory and see if that fixes things.
12
13 -Mike
17 Michael E. Crute
18 Software Developer
19 SoftGroup Development Corporation
20
21 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
22 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"