From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD64/Gnome - I have detected a panel already running, and will now exit
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:46:15
1 Hi,
2 I've been running Gnome for awhile on all my machines. In setting
3 up my new AMD64 it was a natural choice for me. However I am getting a
4 strange message:
5
6 1) When I first log in after a boot I get a message "I have detected a
7 panel already running, and will now exit". I answer OK 1 time and it
8 stops.
9
10 2) If I log out and back in I get the same message but I have to
11 answer OK 11 times to get the message to go away.
12
13 3) If I run the Gnome Failsafe session I do not get the message at all.
14
15 While this is going on I've looked and do not see a gnome-panel
16 process running.
17
18 None of this happens on any of my other machines but they are all
19 32 bit, either Intel P4 or Athlon XP.
20
21 I have tried emerging other versions of gnome-panel and gnome-light
22 with no effect. I have searched the forums but don't see any
23 solutions. I Do see a few others that have more or less the same
24 problem.
25
26 Any ideas where I might look for more info before reporting a bug?
27
28 Thanks,
29 Mark
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list