From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout-2.0.0 surprises
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:09:55
1 On 4/17/08, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after upgrading to baselayout-2.0.0 ( and openrc ) I've got some
5 > unpleasant surprises.
6 > Is there an upgrade guide anywhere ?
7 >
8 > Maybe some problems are causes by myself (accidently)
9 >
10 > /etc/conf.d/rc seems to have gone (now /etc/rc.conf ?)
11 >
12 > /etc/conf.d/net seems to have gone
13 > this inhibited my network after reboot
14 > Has it really gone or did I delete by accident ?
15 > After I have replaced /etc/conf.d/net from a backup
16 > the network came up on the next boot.
17 >
18 > While the init scripts is running, I get the following
19 > messages never seen before
20 >
21 > - cruft in proc
22 >
23 > - net.ppp0 not under our control, aborting
24 > Fortunately it didn't abort my ppp connection
25 > (otherwise there wouldn't been this email)
26 >
27 > Are there more problems to be expected?
28 >
29 > Many thanks for your help,
30 >
31 > Helmut Jarausch
32 >
33 > Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
34 > RWTH - Aachen University
35 > D 52056 Aachen, Germany
36 >
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
42 Hello,
43
44 The migration guide is here:
45
46 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
47
48 I think it will help you solve your problems.
51 Andrés