From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub chainloader
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:43:01
1 On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:53:45 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > If you have some reason not to mix one OS', or distro's boot files,
4 > kernels, etc with another, plus if you want to try a different version
5 > of grub then you can install grub separately in the new OS partition
6 > (instead of the MBR) and chainload this from your primary grub
7 > installation. Should you wish to remove the new OS at a later date,
8 > you will not need to rummage through the primary OS' /boot to clean out
9 > redundant kernel images and what not.
10
11 You don't need to mix files to have more than one distro boot from the
12 same GRUB menu, just set the root() parameter accordingly for each distro.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I am NOT Paranoid! And why are you always watching me??