From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dialup + IPv6?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:41:31
1 On Friday 14 April 2006 04:10, Sven Köhler wrote:
2
3 > I think, that 6to4 would be right for me. If i do a traceroute to the
4 > 192.88.99.1 (the host, that all the 6to4 packets goto), i get contact
5 > after really few hops. Great!
6 >
7 > I'm facing many many questions. My friend is telling me, that in
8 > theory, i would be abled to use IPv6 addresses based on the
9 > 6to4-address of the IPv4 address of my ppp0 - but that changes every
10 > 24 hours.
11 >
12 > A MASQ-target seems not to be available for IPv6 - so if my router
13 > disconnects/reconnets, all the computers in my LAN will have to change
14 > their IPv6 address.
15
16 Are you using radvd or some other advertising daemon?
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list