From: Hani Duwaik <kiawud@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encripting /home
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:43:49
1 I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, but the following pdf was
2 very useful for me to encrypt my home dir:
3
4 www.flyn.org/docs/ehd.pdf
5
6 The interesting part was using openssl to encrypt the key and then
7 using your account's linux password to encrypt the openssl file. This
8 way, you can change your account password and without having to change
9 the encrypted filesystem password/key (in the example, they create a
10 very random key for the encrypted filesystem and then use pam_mount to
11 automatically decrypt and mount the filesystems during login).
12
13 HTH,
14
15 -Hani