From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error using "safely remove" for every USB DEVICE.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:42:56
1 On Tuesday 01 Nov 2011 01:47:44 Carlos Sura wrote:
2 > On 31 October 2011 19:30, Felix Kuperjans <felix@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hello Carlos,
4 > >
5 > > this error is just telling you that udisks did not succeed in powering
6 > > down the USB device, but actually it was unmounted cleanly (so no data
7 > > will be lost).
8 > >
9 > > The reason is most likely a missing kernel option:
10 > >
11 > > "USB runtime power management (autosuspend) and wakeup" in "Device
12 > > Drivers" -> "USB support".
13 > > Note that this option only shows up when "Run-time PM core functionality"
14 > > in "Power management and ACPI options" is enabled.
15 > >
16 > > Maybe someone could make the ebuild check for this option and issue a
17 > > warning if it is unset?
18 > >
19 > > Regards,
20 > > Felix
21 >
22 > Hello Felix,
23 >
24 > Thank you for your answer and your explanation, I was a little bit confused
25 > about this; I will check my Kernel configuration and rebuild with these
26 > options, to avoid this messages.
27 >
28 > It would be great if it could show a warning if this options are unset (to
29 > let us know)
30
31 Since you came across this, I suggest you file a bug and request that this
32 feature is implemented in the ebuild so that the maintainer(s) pick it up at
33 the next update.
36 Regards,
37 Mick