From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error using "safely remove" for every USB DEVICE.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:48:50
1 On 31 October 2011 19:30, Felix Kuperjans <felix@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello Carlos,
4 >
5 > this error is just telling you that udisks did not succeed in powering
6 > down the USB device, but actually it was unmounted cleanly (so no data will
7 > be lost).
8 >
9 > The reason is most likely a missing kernel option:
10 >
11 > "USB runtime power management (autosuspend) and wakeup" in "Device
12 > Drivers" -> "USB support".
13 > Note that this option only shows up when "Run-time PM core functionality"
14 > in "Power management and ACPI options" is enabled.
15 >
16 > Maybe someone could make the ebuild check for this option and issue a
17 > warning if it is unset?
18 >
19 > Regards,
20 > Felix
23 Hello Felix,
24
25 Thank you for your answer and your explanation, I was a little bit confused
26 about this; I will check my Kernel configuration and rebuild with these
27 options, to avoid this messages.
28
29 It would be great if it could show a warning if this options are unset (to
30 let us know)
31
32 Regards,
35 Carlos Sura.-