From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: package deletions
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:19:44
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Personally I would prefer a bug, but the proxy-maintainers page says
5 > that you should contact them directly. Either proxy-maint <at> gentoo.org
6 > or on IRC in #gentoo-proxy-maint.
7
8 OK, I'll drop them an email.
11 > Here's the list I hacked together.
12
13 Thanks:: snip
14
15 There have been many posts, here is what I'm going to send the
16 the proxy maintainers (not all from your filtered list) ::
17
18 dansguardian, gspeakers and showconsole may all
19 need to not only have a maintainer, but a fork is under consideration.
20 I hope suse's showconsole is actually a "rebranded" version of netconsole,
21 research needed on that one.
22
23 I also found 'net-fs/tahoe-lafs' quite intriguing so I'm a wee bit
24 uncertain as to why this one is not being pick up? I need to read
25 up on it and test it a bit to learn more about tahoe-lafs.
28 Best way forward? So for now I just copy the contents of
29 /usr/portage/categroy/package into /usr/local/portage/category/package and
30 include
31 the relevant sources from /usr/portage/distfiles also under
32 /usr/local/portage. Any other relevant file to grab up before hatchet time?
33
34 Note:: I'm still working on my 'git_hub_kungfu' so I like to do old school
35 work on sources and such. Please point me to a 'cook book' approach on
36 gentoo-wiki-github instructions for the takeover of soon to be axed
37 packages, if it exists; maybe as an appendix to the dev-manual so folks with
38 insufficient current knowledge have a pathway forward?
39
40 Thanks for all your advice Michael. If this process is made easy and
41 documented, maybe others will show some interests in adopting a few
42 packages, particularly from the maintainer-needed listings.
45 James