From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] =|
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:01:08
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 16:41:43 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >
4 >> I take great offence to anyone who tells me that it's MY fault. =|
5 > For someone that spews out such hateful and ungrateful diatribes, you
6 > seem awfully sensitive to the mildest of criticism passing in the other
7 > direction.
8 >
9 > BTW eclean-dist simply remove old tarballs from $DISTDIR, it has no
10 > effect on the running system.
14 Exactly.  When I read that about cleaning dist files, I was like, WHAT?
15 If a person has plenty of disk space, they could run their system,
16 update it every day if they felt like it and it not affect a single
17 thing, other than disk space.  Having the source tarballs around can
18 actually be a good thing if one has a slower internet connection.  Heck,
19 I forget to clean mine until my disk space starts getting low on that
20 partition. Try as I might, I forget to clean them out and it doesn't
21 break anything.  Running --depclean is a good idea.  That does clean out
22 some cruft.  I don't think I've ever had it break anything but no need
23 having it around to manage either.
24
25 I have to ask.  I'm not seeing the original posts from this one.  Is
26 this that Alan, not the smart and intelligent Alan but the other Alan,
27 that had that nifty script that did the stupidest stuff and then went on
28 to blame Gentoo for what his script did?  I think, after a ton of
29 patience, I blocked that guy.  That would explain why I'm not seeing the
30 original posts.
31
32 Dale
33