From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: no ebuild what to do?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:32:25
1 Forgive me for saying so, but this ebuild seems a little off to me:
2
3 1. why install to /opt?
4 2. DEPEND s on a lot of optional stuff from my quick read of the dekagen docs this morning. Can you do DEPEND with alternatives? like
5
6 DEPEND bladeenc|lame|vorbistools
7
8 3. aren't all the DEPENDS actually RDEPENDS as nothing at all is needed
9 to compile/install the program, other than bash and man which I believe
10 should always be present.
11
12 But I am open to education on these issues :-)
13
14 (By the way congratulations on the quick work, I started to do the same
15 thing, and got waylaid by my real employment :-)
18 On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:04:04 +0000 (UTC)