From: Greg Yasko <gyasko@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no ebuild what to do?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:10:33
1 maxim wexler <blissfix <at> yahoo.com> writes:
4 > Hello everybody,
5 >
6 > I'm sure this has been covered before but can't seem
7 > to google for it.
8 >
9 > I'd like to install dekagen but there are no ebuilds
10 > for it. I suppose I could just unpack it and follow
11 > the INSTALL doc but is that the appropriate gentoo
12 > way?
13 >
14 > -mw
15
16 There is now an ebuild in Gentoo's bugzilla, so you could use Portdir_Overlay
17 and provide some much needed testing.
18
19 I'd link to the Gentoo Wiki for how to do it but it's been spammed, so here goes
20 & of course do the commands without the quotes:
21
22 Set PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf to /usr/local/portage
23
24 Download dekagen-1.0.2.tar.gz and move it to /usr/portage/distfiles
25
26 Login as root and do a "mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/app-cdr/dekagen"
27
28 Then cd to the dekagen directory you just created.
29
30 Run "ebuild dekagen-1.0.2.ebuild digest" in the dekagen directory.
31
32 Add "app-cdr/dekagen ~x86" to /etc/portage/package.keywords
33
34 Finally, do an "emerge dekagen" and it should work.
35
36 Good luck.
37
38 -G.Y.