From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql database getting too big
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:56:59
1 > mythconverg itself is only 34Mbytes, but /var/lib/mysql is full of files
2 > named (myth1 is the hostname):
3 >
4 > myth1-bin.000001
5 > myth1-bin.000002
6 > myth1-bin.000003
7 > ...
8 >
9 > basicly one for each day operations occur on the database.
10 >
11 > Can they be safely deleted/compressed or reduced in size somehow? I
12 > have run optimise table and the database itself is fine. I suspect that
13 > some of the larger files are to do with hardware related lockups
14 > requiring a database repair after recovery.
15
16 You've enabled binary logs, mostly being used for replication.
17 You may start mysql client and
18
19 PURGE MASTER LOGS TO 'myth1-bin.XXXXXX'
20
21 as root. Where XXXXXX is the max number.
22
23 HTH,
24 Sasha
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list