From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] mysql database getting too big
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:26:40
1 The mysql database used only by mythtv has grown to 1.3Gbytes - a bit
2 over the top!
3
4 mythconverg itself is only 34Mbytes, but /var/lib/mysql is full of files
5 named (myth1 is the hostname):
6
7 myth1-bin.000001
8 myth1-bin.000002
9 myth1-bin.000003
10 ...
11
12 basicly one for each day operations occur on the database.
13
14 Can they be safely deleted/compressed or reduced in size somehow? I
15 have run optimise table and the database itself is fine. I suspect that
16 some of the larger files are to do with hardware related lockups
17 requiring a database repair after recovery.
18
19 The machine is mostly standard gentoo and mysql 4.1.20
20
21 BillK
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list